Friday, January 21, 2011

Love Is In The Air.....

Hello Stitching Friends,
I have decided that it is time to move on.....
Most of my stitching this month has focused on Snowmen and Winter themed designs.  It has occurred to me that I may be leading Mother Nature to believe that I actually enjoy snow.  So, I've decided to fool her into believing its time to move on by starting on some Valentine's Day stitching.

I found this lovely FREE pattern on primitivebettys blog.  She is so generous with her patterns and I've got a few more printed and on my to do list. 

The colors are a little off in this picture.  The writing and flowers in the fabric and fibers are a really pretty fuchsia color.






"Love Me"
28 ct. white even weave
GAST Cherry Wine


This was my first attempt at this type of pillow finish.  I didn't leave enough even weave around the design so I had to improvise.  Although I will always know the flaws are there, they will disappear when I display this with my other Valentine's Day designs.

Now I'm debating on whether to put away my snowmen for the year, or......I could just keep stitching.

Thanks for stopping by.  Your visits and comments keep me motivated to do what I love.
I hope if you are in a snow covered area that you are warm and safe.  I think tomorrow I will venture out and do a little window shopping and some errands. 

Keep on stitchin' on,
Nan

15 comments:

primitivebettys said...

I don't see any flaws ~ I think it is lovely! the colors you worked with are most wonderful... cherry wine ~ how yummy! :)

Thank you for stitching & sharing. I'll be posting this one up on my blog this next Friday.

Smiles,

Betty

Karen said...

ok, so we do live in parallel worlds. i have this kitted and ready to go and then came to your blog and you have it finished! LOL looks great!!!!

Shelleen said...

great finish!

Karen said...

Very cute...puts me in the mood to stitch some Valentine's stuff too!

CalamityJr said...

What a "love"ly finish! I don't think you have to put your snowmen away just yet. They might as well look out at their normal environment!

Deborah said...

Very cute finish!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. Looks perfect to me.

Carin said...

You made that perfect !! I love it and its realy beautiful.

Fiona said...

Another cute finish, will have to check out the pattern. Between you and Faye, I am feeling the urge to stitch some Valentine ornaments.

Fiona

Lisa Russell said...

Very nice! I love primitive Betty's designs!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You make me giggle! Hope the plan works out for you, but IF not, you've got one cute little pillow! "They" say we're in for more snow Monday or Tuesday - here in "mild and warm" SC. Be safe in your travels!

Faye said...

cute cute cute!! I MUST stitch this one up too!! Good job, Faye

Rhona said...

Lovely finish...can't see any flaws!

Michele said...

I love it! Your pillow is perfect :)

Jan said...

It is so pretty, Nan...I love it!! Lovely pillow finish too...now I am wondering where in southern Indiana you are?