Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Random Thought, A Request....And Some Good News!

The plural of sheep is sheep....right?  Is there any other word in the English language where the plural is the same as the singular or am I just wrong and its actually sheeps?  LOL! 
The plural of goose is geese and foot is feet.
Oh wait.....the plural of deer is deer.  Are there others you can think of?

Ok enough of the random thoughts.....

I'm so sorry that I have been more or less absent from blog land.  I've tried to stop by and see what you are up to and leave a few comments but the last couple of weeks have been a busy whirlwind.

A couple of weeks ago I got a call for an interview for a Principal's position.  To make a long story short....(a two week long story)  I GOT THE JOB!  Next school year I will be principal at a great school in my current school district.  The school is a rural school close to my house.  I couldn't be more excited.  I have a feeling I'm in for a busy Summer.  First off I have to figure out what to do with all the stuff in my classroom. :-) Get settled into my new school.  Find time to golf and play tennis and of course stitch.  I'm not asking for much, am I?

Now for the important stuff....The reason my mind is stuck on sheep. 
I stitched Sophie's Sheep for a dear friend who works with students in my classroom.  She has been an absolute life saver the past couple of years and I won't know what to do without her next year.  Her birthday is coming up in May and she recently remodeled her kitchen and her accents are sheep. 


Sophie's Sheep
Plum Street Samplers
32 ct. Zweigart Lugana
Recommended Threads



Here is a quick little stitch I whipped up in the hustle and bustle of the past couple of weeks. 

A Spring Day
Heart in Hand
32 ct. Zweigart Lugana ~Choc. Vanilla Swirl

Now for the request.....
I've got the cutest little wooded box that needs a design. 
It is made from beautiful cherry wood (I think).
Anyway, I was thinking about a nice quaker-ish design but I can't find what I'm looking for.  Since my stitching friends have always come through for me I'm asking for recommendations for a design.  It needs to be no bigger than 90X90.   If you've got an idea you can leave it in the comments section or email.
Thanks for your help!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments.
I hope to be back soon with more stitching soon.
Have a great week and always....
Keep on stitchin' on,
Nan














22 comments:

Faye said...

Wow!!! Congrats on the new job!! You will be a BOSS~~ Yeah for you and I know you will fill those shoes very well!! Now, about the box...I will give some thought to that and get back atcha.... Again, Way to go!!!

Yvonne..... said...

Congratulations on the new job! You will do a great job, I'm sure.
On your "pondering" of single vs. plural....all I can think of is Moose. All of this pondering was our topic at the dinner table tonight - LOL!
On the quaker design....what about Live Laugh Love by La-D-Da. You would have to do a little moving around of some of the motifs but it's a pretty simple design and I think it would be easy to adapt???? I'll keep looking for ya though.
Again, congratulations and don't forget you need to get an ornie stitched here soon - LOL!
Hugs!

Lynn said...

Congratulations on your new position! You must be so excited! It will be a busy summer for you for sure.
I love your recent finishes. Your friend is going to love that sheep!
As for the box, I'll have to go through some of my stash and see if I can come up with anything.

Tricia T said...

Congrats on the new position!! Have fun finding your new normal. :-)

Jenny said...

Way to go girl! Have fun on your new adventures!!!

As for the Quaker designs, maybe you can stitch up Tiny Inspirations Quaker by Thistle Threads (should be available) or Goode Huswife's Quaker Four Corners Sampler (OOP, but maybe someone you know own it?).
Otherwise, you could just pick your favorite medallion and go with that - I know that I would love it!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on the new job. Two lovely finishes. I thought of LHNs Needle Necessities but not sure how big it is.

Mouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mouse said...

Whoops try again ..lol Hi Nan congratulations on the new Job whooo hoooo :) The Needle necessities sampler is 93 x93 on 32 count so would just about fit with a bit of tweeking :) I have almost finished stitching this one :) love the sheepies :) hoe that helps love mouse xxxxx

Cath said...

Congrats on your new job .
Fish is another one (or more) lol. Try The Workbasket ,as they have a few quaker style freebies . X

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOHOO!!! Congratulations!! That's awesome on your new post as Principal next year!
Your sheep finish for your classroom helper is beautiful, the frame perfect! the little Easter Rabbit..AWESOME :)

Carol said...

What exciting news!! Congratulations on the new job--I'm sure you'll be great in that position :)

Love your little Easter rabbit piece--and, of course, the sheep. Why is it that stitchers all love rabbits and sheep so much?

Anonymous said...

Diane - Congratulations on the new position - you must be so excited!

Hugs,
Toni

Daffycat said...

Woo! Congratulations, Diane! That is awesome news!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new job!! Those kids better behave themselves now - LOL! Your stitched pieces are great - I am sure your friend appreciated hers a lot!

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your new job. Your finishes are very cute and I'm sure the recipient of the sheep will love it. As for your box dilema, sorry I can't help, but looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the new job, hope you still have time for stitching!!

The plural chat was good, my 8 year old and I discussed this today. We also love the collective noun game - thinking of the words for groups of animals.

Colleen said...

WOW! Congrats on your new job. Principal...has it sunk in yet?
Your sheep finish is a Lovely gift for you class assistant & I'm sure she'll love it. The Easter bunny finish is cute. I'm a sheep & bunny kind of girl...LOL.
Congratulations again on a new chapter in your teaching profession.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great finishes! Love the spring bunny, and your friend will be delighted to get such a pretty for her new kitchen! I'll think on the box design... hum... Congratulations on the new assignment! What a great challenge, and I know you're up to it like no other! Way to go!!

Shelleen said...

Congrats on the new job!!

Carolyn NC said...

Woohoo - congratulations on the awesome new job!! Good luck with getting all you need done. Love the sheep and the rabbit, too!

Marsha said...

Congratulations to the new principal! That's great. I hope it won't interfere with the Stitchaway in January. It's always nice to see someone get something really good in their life. So happy for you.

Carin said...

What a great stitching and congrats with your new job !!