Friday, June 25, 2010

4th of July Needlebox




I learned again yesterday how easily I am distracted. I was standing in the checkout line at CVS and looked down and saw Altoids mints. While lurking on different blog sites I had remembered seeing some cute finishes using Altoids tins. So I decided to buy one thinking I would try it this summer. Well..............as it turns out all the way home I was searching the volumes of cross stitch patterns I have stored in my head trying to think of the perfect pattern I could stitch for the top. I ended up buying the mini tin with the intention of making it into a needle box. The pattern would have to be very small to fit and I couldn't think of anything I wanted to stitch for it. I spent the entire afternoon and evening looking through my magazines, patterns and websites for the perfect pattern to stitch and here is what I came up with.
And just so you know...........it is possible to eat a mini tin of Altoids in two bites. :-)
If you are interested in using Altoids tins to finish your cross stitch projects here is a link to a great tutorial from Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher.
Now to refocus my efforts on the Mill Hill kits I had planned for my refrigerator. Any bets on how long until I'm distracted again?
Keep on stitchin' on,
Nan



1 comment:

* said...

I'm going on vacation, but I am going to atempt one of these some time when I get back.

So cute!