Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Welcome to Nan's Needlework Notions!

I have finally entered the world of blogging. I've thought of creating a blog for a while now and have finally taken the leap. I have found so many helpful ideas by browsing blogs that I am now inspired to share my love of needlework with others. I hope that you enjoy viewing my creations and please contact me anytime for information or questions if I can help in any way.

My needlework of choice has always been cross stitch. I can remember finishing my first piece when I was in jr. high. It was a bear with hearts all around it. I'm not sure what happened to that piece but would love to still have it in my possession today. Although I love cross stitch, I do occassionally dabble in punchneedle, plastic canvas, and needlepoint.

I have recently entered the work of alternative finishes. Up until a few years ago I always finished a piece with a traditional mat and frame. I hope that through my posts you will find new ways to finish your needlework.

There will be more to come in the near future. This is a new venture for me so please let me know of any helpful suggestions you "experienced" bloggers might have.

Keep on stitchin' on,
Nan

No comments: