Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stand Up Sam

I am particularly proud of my Stand Up Sam. He is a Mosey 'n Me design that was very quick to stitch. I've never tried a stand up finish before and I am happy with the way he turned out. I am not much of a seamstress so the sewing leaves a little to be desired. I am pretty sure that I am my own worst critic.

My sister gave me a sewing machine for Christmas a few years ago (thanks Debbie) and I have enjoyed learning to sew. I can sew a mean straight line, but throw a curve or corner in there and the seam ripper gets to stretch it's legs. I think I only had to rip seams and start over about 6 times. Perseverance at it's best.

If you are interested in learning how to finish a stand up figurine follow the link below.
http://needlepoint.about.com/od/needlepointknowhow/ss/StandIpFigures.htm
Thanks to Cheryl Fall for the great tutorial.

Now that I've completed my 4th of July project it is time to start pondering my next project. I've got a few Mill Hill pin kits that I think I'll start on. I think I will finish them as refrigerator magnets. They are a "Summery" theme and my refrigerator needs some bling. I'll post pics when I get them finished.

Keep on stitchin' on,
Nan

No comments: